Grow Wild has a vocabulary all its own! Here are a few fun terms to help us Laugh and Learn!
In no particular order:
- Nature Gardening: 70% Native Plants
- Learn & Laugh: NO mistakes, only learning opportunities
- Grow No Harm: No invasive plants
- Growing Pains: An Epic Failure to Laugh and Learn about when sharing with friends!
- Sprouting Success: A Shared Celebration of something that went really well in your project
- Start Small, Think BIG: Having an adjustable plan, but implementing the plan gradually, in stages
- ‘Green Glacier’ or ‘Green Avalanche’: An Aggressive Evergreen –possibly Native– but does not ‘play well with others’.
- Yum: A non-invasive food or nectar producing plant for People and the Wild–Not Native
- Double Yum: A Native plant with edible products for BOTH People–And the Wild!
- Re-Weed: Renaming a Native plant with “Weed” in the Common Name. IE: Butterfly Weed is now Monarch’s Delight (Doug Tallamy’s name of Choice)
- Habitat Heap: Any shape of piled or stacked recycled branches, brush, yard waste for natural protection and wildlife support
- Gardening Angels: A team of volunteers who help prep, plant, and maintain.
- Make This Space Better: A stop at any ‘Grow Wild’ site where you improve the site. Pick up trash, pull known weeds, check on plants
- 5 minute Pick-Up Anywhere: Literally 5 minutes! Set your timer, snap a before photo, snap an after photo! You will be amazed at what 5 minutes accomplishes!